cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material specification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have a basic question. how to put material specification in material master.

Regards

Samarth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In basic data 1 view you can input your material spec like weight, volume.

Or create a text document for material specification & upload in Basic data text field in Basic data1 view.

Regards,

Dharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharma,

Thank you for your responce. I will elobrate my problem a little. I have created a QM view in material master where it is saying "No material specification is maintained".

This error is occuring even after the entry in basic data1.

regards

samarth

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to mention inspectin with material specification in the material master.

QS-61 it is for material specification

In the Quality Management (QM) component, you can inspect either based on an inspection plan, or (with certain limitations) based on material specifications that are valid on a company-wide basis.

In such an inspection, the specifications from the material specification are used as the inspection specifications. In contrast to the inspection plan, the material specification is a specification that you can use for all plants, that is easier to maintain, and that can replace or supplement a plant-specific inspection plan.

For Better Refer

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/70/2db434d6e3681ae10000009b38f83b/frameset.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor

Hi,

You can create material specification using QS61. You need to go with QM for that.

Also you need to maintain class characterizes and value.

What you want to maintained as Material specification?

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi brahmankar,

Can you please give me the path for QS61

Regards

samarth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Brahmankar,

I have selected the check box -inspection using material specification also in material master,any more inputs..........

Regards,

CSR.

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samrtha,

Refer Below Link,

[Environment Health and safety - Material specification|http://help.sap.com/bp_hightechv1500/HighTech_DE/Documentation/H93_Scen_ConfigGuide_EN_DE.doc]

Regards,

Dhaval