Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC Role Expert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need some help on following things in relation to GRC Role Expert,

1. Whether we can control ownership on transaction level.

2. When i generate role through RE, role gets reflected in backend system. But profile status shows "current version not generated".

3. When i generate role, only master role gets reflected in backend system, so how to generate derived role in backend system.

4. How is the role transported across the landscape.

5. How will be the GRC landscape along with SAP landscape.

Thanks in Advance.

Pravin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not understand the question, can you expand

2. When i generate role through RE, role gets reflected in backend system. But profile status shows "current version not generated".

You therefore need to generate the profile in the backend system manually

3. When i generate role, only master role gets reflected in backend system, so how to generate derived role in backend system.

I do not know why that is happening.

The role is provisioned to the system as defined by your connectors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It means that can we set approvers on base of transactions selected. As in RE, approvers are decided on base of Role Attributes, so can we assign approvers as per the transactions selected.

But, i feel ideally profile must get generated, after the action generate triggered in RE. So can you point what could be the problem

Agreed, but if we generate role in Dev system, then how to transport this role to next system in landscape & till production system

It means, if we have 3 system SAP Landscape ( D, Q, P), then how will be SAP GRC landscape.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Parveen,

It means that can we set approvers on base of transactions selected. As in RE, approvers are decided on base of Role Attributes, so can we assign approvers as per the transactions selected.

Answer --> Yes, you can, by defining custome attributes and linking them to transactions. But I would not suggest you for the same as the maintenence for the same would be too cumbersome.

But, i feel ideally profile must get generated, after the action generate triggered in RE. So can you point what could be the problem

Answer--> Even we were facing the same issue but do not really remember how we overcame this.Will let you know on Monday when I try the same again by logging into the system.

Answer--> For this, first make changes (i.e add org values) individually in the child roles in the change mode(through RE only) and then when you are done changing/updating each of the child roles, open the Master role in the change mode now and generate it again. This will generate the child roles too. This is the same concept used as was in the backend.

Agreed, but if we generate role in Dev system, then how to transport this role to next system in landscape & till production system

Answer--> For transports you need to transport it thru backend only as RE does not have transports supported. You may also use different connectors for each system but that's not recommended as it might show inconsistencies, if not dealt with properly.

It means, if we have 3 system SAP Landscape ( D, Q, P), then how will be SAP GRC landscape.

ANSWER --> You can have one, two or three system landscape for GRC as per your management agrees to fund. Three is best to have but you should atleast have two, so that you do test and dev in One and use the second for production.

Regards,

Hersh.