cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieve R3 Archived data to BI

0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Is it possible to load Archived R3 data in to BI? We implemented R3 about 8 years ago, and Implemented BI recently. we need the R3 Archived data in BI.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Fazal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can if you restore the archived data to the OLTP.

0 Kudos

I need step by step info on how to do it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fazal,

I think Werner is just saying "forget about it". If you want to read the archived data he is suggesting to reload them into R3 and then load to BW. But this would include a new archiving in R3 afterwards. Sounds a bit hard to call back archived data.

I don't know a way to directly read archived data. But someone who really knows the data layout in the archive may read these data directly. This may cause a lot of work. It is just a question of how important the archived data is.

And for details about how to get data back from archive, look in the documentation.

Kind regards,

Jürgen

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's what I wanted to say

Depending on your archiving method, you could do a direct read (from file), but I'd not do that.

The proper way is to do a restore to R3, then extract the data and then do the archiving again.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to Transaction SARA, and select the option reload and run reload.

select the records which needs to reloaded and execute the reloading.

Now your database will have all these reloaded record after that you can feed it to BI System.

But the problem will arise, if the reloading period is expired.

So have a check on that.

Thanks and Regards,

Anand Ramu