cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I am installating ECC5 on SQL database,Windows2003 server.We already have Our Solman 7.0 installed on that server.During installation i used instance no-02.

There were two options

1-Create new database with new SID.

2-Use existing database

In which i choose 1 option. Am i right.

Now In central instance installation in step create or register services its showing error:

ERROR 2007-05-04 11:02:37

FSL-06002 Error 14001 (This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

) in execution of a 'CreateProcess' function, line (284),with parameter (E:\usr\sap\PRD\SYS\exe\run/sapstartsrv.exe ...).

Please suggest do i need to perform some addtional steps before starting installtion as already one instance installed on that server.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> ERROR 2007-05-04 11:02:37

> FSL-06002 Error 14001 (This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

> ) in execution of a 'CreateProcess' function, line (284),with parameter (E:\usr\sap\PRD\SYS\exe\run/sapstartsrv.exe ...).

Is that file existing?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Yes that file exist but on executing its exe its showing

" Application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect."

Please suggest.

Shivam

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the last lines of sapinst_dev.log - what do you see there?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

It shows:

TRACE [iaxxcwalker.cpp:296]

CDomWalker::processStep()

Executing installation step SAPSYSTEM_CI|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|SAPSYSTEM|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|SAPComponent|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|SAPComponent_Profiles|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|sGenerateTpparam

TRACE [iaxxccntrl.cpp:493]

CController::stepExecuted()

The step sGenerateTpparam with key SAPSYSTEM_CI|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|SAPSYSTEM|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|SAPComponent|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|SAPComponent_Profiles|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|sGenerateTpparam has been executed successfully.

PHASE 2007-05-04 12:21:32 [iaxxcwalker.cpp:416]

CDomWalker::printPhaseInfo()

Handle services

TRACE [iaxxcwalker.cpp:296]

Executing installation step SAPSYSTEM_CI|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|SAPSYSTEM|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|SAPComponent|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|SAPComponent_Services|windows|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|do_create_and_start_SAPSystem_services

TRACE [synxccuren.cpp:1107]

CSyCurrentProcessEnvironmentImpl::getEffectiveUser(iastring&)

effective user corresponds to real user

INFO 2007-05-04 12:21:34 [synxcpath.cpp:834]

CSyPath::createFile()

Creating file C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\ECC50\SYSTEM\ABAP\MSS\UC\CI\sapstartsrv.exe.log.

ERROR 2007-05-04 12:21:34 [synxctask.cpp:235]

CSyTaskImpl::start(false)

FSL-06002 Error 14001 (This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

) in execution of a 'CreateProcess' function, line (284), with parameter (E:\usr\sap\PRD\SYS\exe\run/sapstartsrv.exe ...).

TRACE [iaxxejsbas.hpp:270]

EJS_Base::dispatchFunctionCall()

JS Callback has thrown std::ESyException: ESAPinstException: error text undefined

TRACE [iaxxcwalker.cpp:301]

<html><head></head><body><p>An error occurred while processing service <b>mySAP ERP 2004 SR1> ABAP System> MS SQL Server> Unicode> Central Instance Installation</b>. You may now</p><ul> <li>press <I>Retry</I> to repeat the current step.</li> <li>press the <I>View Log</I> button to get more information about the error.</li> <li>stop the task and continue with it later.</li> <li>reset your input for the current task. In this case, SAPinst will permanently remove all installation files from the installation directory. This gives you the opportunity to restart from scratch.</li></ul><p>Log files are written to <b>C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\ECC50\SYSTEM\ABAP\MSS\UC\CI</b>.</p></body></html>

Shivam

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Creating file C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\ECC50\SYSTEM\ABAP\MSS\UC\CI\sapstartsrv.exe.log.

Check that logfile...

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

This file is blank.Size is 0 KB.

Shivam

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok.

Check if the user "prdadm" is permitted to write to \usr\sap

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

prdadm was not autorized .Provided authorization and restarted installation but same result.

Shivam

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

- all permissions set - also for the subdirectories?

- is the logfile still empty?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,

Access provided to all subdirectories and logfile is still empty.

As already database and sap instance installed on this box, Do i have to perform any action before starting installlation.

Shivam

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you execute the R3DLLINS package from the installation master CD/DVD for the ERP system?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Executed R3DLLINS but same result.

As i think its not able to create service SAPPRD_02.

Shivam

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is that service already existing?

As which user are you running the installation?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

No SAPPRD_02 not exist and I am running the installation by Administrator.

Shivam

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you execute sapstartsrv manually?

start - execute - cmd.exe

sapstartsrv

Markus