cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Class - Oracle Stored Procedure - ABAP Program

Former Member
0 Kudos

My client asked me to design a Java Class that calls a Oracle stored procedure. I was a Java developer so I can do that part. Now this Java Class will be called by a ABAP program. All the data that I got from Oracle Stored Procedure should be retuned to the calling ABAP program.

In the past I did use JCA and SAP Connectors to get data from SAP R3 by calling BAPI programs.

I would like to know if the ABAP program uses JCO or the latest JCA based SAP Connectors. Any advice on how I should structure my Java Program is welcome. I do know from pure Java side how to get data from Oracle database using JDBC.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Check out the weblog posted by vijaysarathy. He has explained how to call a java program inside abap editor.

May be this helps you.

/people/vijayasarathy.raghunathan/blog/2005/12/28/java-editor-inside-abap

Thanks and Regards

Vishal Kumar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies. I am looking for Server side programming for a unicode SAP installation. I am looking at Example5.java supplied along with JCO. Example 5 is for non unicode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi venkat,

This link(PDF) gives good info about JCO.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c63bca90-0201-0010-59ae-e0d...

JCO is used as two way communication between JAVA and R/3. so for yours JCO may be the suitable one.

regards,

P.Venkat

Message was edited by: venkataramanan