cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stoping the Background Scheduling for Batch Job for MRP Run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created one Planning Variant for scheduling a backgroung run of MRP.

I have also set up the recurring schedule for Job to execture the MRP on every Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday.

In the beginning of every week I got 5 job scheduled.

Now I do not want any more Job to scheduled every week. I Don't want to trigger the Backgroung MRP Run automatically.

I simply want to Stop scheduling anymore jobs.

How can I do this?

Regards,

Mayur Patel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In MDBT, select the variant which is running in the background, then goto change variant, then , then goto catalog. Here select the variant and delete.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor

Hi,

Use transaction SM37, in the intial screen input the program name and job name and execute the transtion with "Scheduled" status check box active. Once you get the scheduled job go to change mode from menu bar Job--->Change or Ctrl+F11. In the change job screen hit the "start condition" function button and here you change the frequency of this the periodic job.

Program : RMMRP000 you can find the MRP Run status in T. Code : SM37

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Edited by: R Brahmankar on Sep 19, 2008 10:25 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SDN best way of thanks is by rewarding the points before closing the thread.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any way in which we address such scenarion without creating new planning variant?

I am looking for simply Stop and Re-Start kind of option with single planning variant.

Mayur...

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I think your requirement is possible please go through my reply.

These are only the possible solution for your requirement.

I have given you 2 best solution please try it and come back if any problem.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thankx for reply.

With this i m able to delete the variant and change the frequency.

I simply want to stop scheduling any more jobs. But still want my Variant to be available.

This is required because. If we think of the Jobs already scheduled, in order for them to execute the Variant should be available.

I Want to Stop generation of job say from begining of next month for next Six months. and After Six months again i want to restart the scheduling.

What to do in this case/scenario?

Mayur...

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Best way you have to select variant and delete in MDBT ,and create new Variant for perticular time period that you want it will accordingely.

Go to MDBT

1. Click on the New Variant function button

2. Input the selection and MRP control parameters for which you need to run this job and save this variant.

3. Now Place the cursor on this new variant and hit Show Scheduling

4. Here you need to create your job schedule interms of frequency, date and time and save this. Now your Job is scheduled.

The same in Sm36 transaction..once you complete the job name and steps then go to the schedule start tab and enter period and time format as per your system.

The job will execute as per working days in your factory calendar. If you to run for perticular month then you need to assign seperate calendar in the SM36 transaction.

Hope clears to you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Edited by: R Brahmankar on Sep 19, 2008 11:55 AM