BS3 is target database DB3 which has 2 tables DB3_table1,DB3_table2

And the three scenarios are as below

1.Data from DB1_table1 has to be inseted into DB3_table1 -

from BS1 to BS3

2.Data from DB1_table2 hasto be inserted into DB3_table2 -

from BS1 to BS3

3.Data from DB2_table1 has to be inserted into DB3_table2 -

from BS2 to BS3

But i want all these 3 sceanrios as one logical unit of work and 1,2,3 should be in a sequence.If any one of these fails remaining processes should fail. for ex if 1 fails 2,3 should not occur.

How can i achieve this?

Thanks & Regards,

Jyothsna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jyothsna,

You would need to use a BPM to do this.When you use the BPM, you have 2 options,

1. Either make a Synch call to the Database when making the Insert request, so you get the count of the number of insertions.

2. Or, you request for a System Ack in the Send Step to do the insertion. Only when the System Ack is Successful within the BPM will the next step be triggered and so on.

I prefer option 2 as that way, you are not overloading your system by making a synch call and yet at the same time, making sure you do a Sequential insert.

Another alternate would be to avoid Step 1 and Step 2 and still use a BPM. But in each of the Send Step you can provide a QUEUE NAME that will ensure that all these message are processed EOIO so that if one of the messages fails all the other message queued up.

The choice you make has to boil down to the granularity of the exact interface requirements.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh ,

Thanks for your immediate response.

Can you tell me how can we achieve this in BPM .Is it using blocks for each interface or a fork step?

Thanks & regards,

Jyothsna

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Block.

Like I have mentioned, your Send Step's have to be sequential and so each of the Send Step will have to be one after the other with either of the options as above I have discussed.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can able to achive this using BPM.Check the below links for creating BPM scenarios..

[https://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/pub/wlg/1403 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]]

[]

[]

[]

[]

[/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/24/do-you-like-to-understand-147correlation148-in-xi]

[]

[]

[]

[]

Regards,

Prakasu

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Prakasu,

Maybe you can explain how to use a BPM rather than providing a bunch of links? Searching using the keyword called "BPM" can be done by any one who uses this forum!

I am surprised by the fact that the Rules of Engagement are being flouted so openly on the XI forum.

Regards,

Bhavesh