ME59 with different PO document type
I did a back-to-back sales order and the PR is auto-created. When comes to auto-creation of the PO via ME59, I entered the sales order number and execute the program.
When the process is completed, I checked the PO but I found that the PO document type is wrong.
The reason is because different countries used different "customized" PO document type (with different PO number range).
It seems that the program is unable to determine which is the right PO document type to be chosen. With such, what is the necessary tasks need to be configured or enter as the parameter before generate the auto-PO?
Thank you for your time.
Priyanka Paltanwale replied
Auto PO from GR:
You can directly make a Po from GR By using the tab for Po creation in the GR itself..and PO will be directly made...
For Auto Po:For automatic PO creation from PR, follow the steps.
1) Material Master purchasing view tick automatic PO check box
2) Vendor Master purchasing view tick automatic PO check box.
3) Maintain Source list for Vendor & Material.(ME01)
4) Maintain Purchase Info Record.(ME11)
5) Create a Purchase Requisition.(ME51)
6) Use T.Code: ME59 (ME59N)& execute for PR for vendor, you will be able to create automatic PO.
Ensure that Purchase Info Record should be there.
If you have more than one vendor then fixes only one vendor in source list..