Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Problem in URL reporting for Crystal reports

Hi,

I am using URL reporting for Crystal reports to print report. In my ASP.NET applications, I select the parameter for the report and use the url reporting for Crystal reports to print the crystal report. It seem got no problem at first print.

Wwhen I re-select the parameters, the crystal report keeps display the result from the previous parameters.

For example, I select start date: 01/08/2008 and end date: 31/08/2008. In the first call, the data display correctly.

Then I select start date: 01/09/2008 and end date: 17/09/2008.

And call the url reporting, the result was the data for the first report ,which was the above parameter

I am using CR XI Server.

Any idea what goes wrong?

Thanks.

Former Member
Former Member replied

Try to use the CONNECT command as already told and see how it goes.

For more information about the connect command, read those lines below extracted from our DevLibrary:

"The CONNECT command re-establishes a connection to the Page Server and must be appended to the INIT command. By re-establishing a connection to the Page Server, the CONNECT command allows the user to reset the report's parameters and logon information, and re-process the report if necessaryu2014without the need to start a new browser session.

That is, if you use viewer A to display a report, and then you specify viewer B to view the same report in the same browser session, you will not be prompted for parameter values or database logons, and a new report job will not be opened. But, if you specify ":connect" along with the request for viewer B, the connection to the Page Server will be re-established. That means, if necessary, the user will be prompted for parameter values and logon information, and the report will be run again.

Syntax

init=<viewer>:connect

Example

This example specifies that the report will re-establish its connection to the Page Server once the URL has been processed:

http://<webserver>/businessobjects/viewrpt.cwr?id=152&apstoken=A1B2&init=java:connect

"

Cheers

Alphonse

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question