cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to retrieve User Session in Xcelsius 2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am currently building dashboards with some securities on display. The dashboards have to show different views (e.g. Manager view with full access of data and Employee view with partial access of data) for different users, and I expect to get the user information (particularly user name) from the BO user session for making the security decision.

I can successfully retrieve the user session from Dashboard [url button] to JSP using openDocument (by looking at the cookies), but it seems that I have no way to import the data back to the Dashboard. When I am using Data Manager > XML Data (With XML datasource is a JSP file), it seems the user session cannot be retrieved.

So, my question is, how to retrieve the user Name in Xcelsius 2008 ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we did also some research activities about Xcelsius. We are passing the user name to the Xcelsius via Webservice. Based on the portal integration, you do not have to care about the authentication to the Webservice. This does the Enterprise Portal for you. For the integration, we are currently using a BSP solution. In this way, you can get the user name very simple:

sy-uname 

You can put into the Webservice or provide it as Flash Variable to the Xcelsius in the <OBJECT> tag.

Take care,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

The only way I know to get the session information when Xcelsius is within the BO system is using @BOUSER.

We are using QaaWs to make our dashboards live and this returns the user name just fine.

We also have Trusted Authentication enabled that helps with getting the user logged in correctly without and login boxes being displayed. Using the abilities of the CMC and the Universe Row/Column security you can obtain the results you are looking for.

Hope this helps.

Tom Nather