cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access sequence in text determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm currently configuring text determination for deliveries. When i'm trying to create an access sequence and when i give the sequence number as '1' it is giving a warning messaging saying that it is not within the namespace. However for other access sequences the sequence numbers are 1,2... Can anyone help on this? Also why exactly are we using access sequence here? Just to assign the text types in deliveries to text types in sales order or customer and it selects in the sequence given?

Thanks,

Anju.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

You

may be getting the error message as " CHOOSE THE KEY FROM THE ALOOWED NAME SPACE"

IGNORE THE WARNING MESSAGE.

IT IS STANDARD BEHAIVIOUR BCOZ

You have attempted to create an entry and have used a key which is not

in your namespace.

This can cause problems in later upgrades because the entry could be

overwritten by an import, or overwrite an existing entry.

Check your entry and try to enter a key value from your namespace.

If you must use the key entered, document your change so that it can be

repeated after an upgrade or release change if necessary. If you put the

data in a change request, you can export it before an upgrade or release

change, and import it again afterwards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for the reply. But, when i ignore the warning and proceed further i'm getting an error message 'corresponding entry in access sequence is missing'. Is there any way i can check what namespace is allowed? But other sequences have values like 1,2 etc in my system. So i dont know why is it giving an error when i give the same values.

-Anju

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally SAP provides warning message if the sequence number is not in the namespace of custom defined. This means when any access sequence is created you can use sequence number like 910, 920 etc..However, since it is warning, you can proceed with.

The access sequence is used to check the text data at various level. For example, checking text data at customer master level or at material level.You use access sequence for both header and item level text determination. You can create text procedures, determination access sequence using transaction code VOTXN. Here you can create text procedures for pricing records, sales document, delivery document, customer master, customer-material info record etc.

Apart from these levels, sometimes texts are also maintained using transaction code SO10.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ignore the warning message and continue. Even for texts the condition technique is used while determining the relevant texts. You might be aware that access sequence is a part of condition technique.

Regards,

GSL.