cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Location field suppressed in MIGO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have entered the Storage Loc. in the PO and when I do the GR, the Storage Loc. field is graded out at the item level, only "Plant" is displayed in the "where" tab. I have unchecked the "Create SLoc. automatically" box in OMB3 for Plant and Movmt Type. Also, in OMJJ the field is unchecked.

Is there any other place where I need to make the changes?

I am trying to post the GR to cost center.

Thanks in advance.

Randy.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Randy,

Receipting depends on the PO data. For cost center (K) items, there are two of the most cases I can think of...

Case 1: K Item without material number

- It is standard that no storage location is entered. The expense value is booked during receipting, however since there is no material number quantities are not updated.

Case 2: K Item with material number (UNBW)

- The storage location from the PO should default. However, you can still change this during MIGO receipting. In this case, the expense value is booked during receipting and since there is a material number, quantities are updated. Subsequent issuance of these items are at zero cost (since expense was booked during receipt).

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mine is Case 2: K Item with material number.

But the Storage Location field is graded out and did not pull the one specified in the PO. Any config. settings needs to be done?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Randy,

Could you confirm the information below:

1. Check the material type of the item in the PO.

2. Check "Define Attributes of Material Types" of the material type in the specified Plant in the PO.

(SPRO: Logistics - General> Material Master> Basic Settings> Material Types> Define Attributes of Material Types. Select the material type in Step 1 and Double click on Sub-folder "Quantity/value updating".

What is the setting for Qty Updating and value updating for your Plant / Valuation area? If it is similar to UNBW, Qty updating should be selected and value updating should be blank.

If both Qty updating and Value updating is selected for the material type and plant you're using. The SLoc field will be grayed out during receipting, the system will treat this item similar to Case 1.

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DGE,

The Material Type is HAWA. The Value and Quantity field have been checked.

Thanks,

Randy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, the Material Type is HALB(semi-finished good)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if a material is not procured to stock (PO is with account assignment, and material is not of type UNBW) then the storage location field becomes greyed out as it makes no sense to specify a storage location for a receipt that is immediatly consumed.

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Mine is Case 2: K Item with material number.

>But the Storage Location field is graded out and did not pull the one specified in the PO. Any config. settings needs to be done?

Whenever You use Material Number / Short Text with Account assignment Category K Etc then storage Location Will be Grayed Out Automatically in Purchase Order and During GR.

If the Procuring Goods are Indirect Procurement then the Goods will consume Immediately. It Doesnot make any sense making Storage location Mandatory / Optional for Indirect Procurement...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

I have similar issue as Randy. We are using material type HALB and Acct Assingment K. is there any process so that we can see Storage location in GR?

Thanks in Advance !!

Kind Regards

Kalyan

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for what reason do you need a storage location if you are not going to store the material.

in case of account assignment K you usually have the receipient and the unloading point in account assignment screen, which can be used to enter the storage location

Former Member
0 Kudos

We used this Material as UNBW in other system, now we are moving this to Global system where UNBW is not supported. So we have to treat this as HALB and we need to have stock of this material though they are expensed.

Regards

Kalyan

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can even treat a HALB like an UNBW

in customizing OMS2 you can define for material type HALB that it is stock managed but not value managed in your desired plant. Like the setting for a UNBW is.

Answers (0)