Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Chart options: Y axis scale

Hi,

I created a bar chart for a report that simly displays the count for each distinct value of a field. I would want the Y scale (which displays the count) to only present integer values (its a count, so it's obvious there can't be any non-integer values). Currently it's set to auto select the range and the number of divisions, for which the range it's ok but the divisions don't always come out as all integers. From what I can see, the only way to do this would be to set the min to 0, max to the max count on the report (which is normaly what the auto range does), and the number of divisions as the max count minus one. I don't really see any other way. Apparently there's no way to do this dynamically (like in a formula), and I don't think I can use static range values. Is there any way to do this? I just want to confirm what I know and see if there is any other way to do it.

Also, this is probably not the forum to post this, but just in case, is there any way to do this programatically in code without needing extra libraries or extra tools?

Thanks,

Diego

Former Member
Former Member replied

Thanks, I solved my problem, although you didn't exaclty answer my question. I didn't need to change the max and min values. What I had to do was, like you said, go to the Y axis option, which I can do by clicking the y axis on the chart, right-click it and select chart axis options. Then, on the Scale tab, uncheck the Mayor Interval, and set it to 1, so that the interval for the grid lines is always 1 (which means it will show only integer values on the Y axis from 0 to the max value on the scale).

It was still helpful, so thanks.

-Diego

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question