cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict Automatic serial number calculation for Production order release

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need the solution for following requirement.

Release production order(CO02) . Then go to Menu header-> Serial Numbers.

Here I am getting serial numbers automatically as the material used in production order is set for automatic serial number calculation.

But I want to restrict automatic serial number assignment based on production order type.

If order type is 'XYZ', I dont want to calculate serial numbers automatically.

Can anyone tell me how to do it?

Regards,

Manan Desai.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think it is not possible ...the serial number procedure - PPAU is fixed at this level itself...and not at Production order type level...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your repply.

Is there any User exit or BADI available for this?

Manan Desai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use one of the following exit

IQSM0001 Automatic serial number assignment

IQSM0002 Check when copying object list

IQSM0003 Serial numbers, user exit for additional data

IQSM0004 Serial numbers, user exit after exiting the serial scre

IQSM0005 Serial numbers, user exit in the update

IQSM0007 Serial numbers, user exit for goods movements

IQSM0008 Serial number character string check

I think 1st one IQSM0001 may be useful...try and come back

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem Solved.

Thanks a lot for al your efforts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How the issue is solved?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found BADI and function modle to clear internal tables for Serial numbers before displaying Serial number screen.

Thanks anyways.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

When we are giving teh details, you should also give the details to allof us if it is solved...Please share the solution. and explain how you did it. It will help all including you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you press Release Order button the BADI 'WORKORDER_UPDATE->AT_RELEASE' will be called.

At this point the internal tables for Serial numbers are filled by the program automatically.

So call function module 'SERIAL_INTTAB_REFRESH' which will refresh the internal tables for serial numbers generated before teh serial number window pops up.

Also at the BADI 'WORKORDER_UPDATE->AT_SAVE' call the same function module because before this BADI call when you press 'SAVE' the program again checks if automatic serial number is set for that material and if yes then check if no serial numbers are generated then it generates the serial numbers again and fills the internal tables. So clear the internal tables again based on the conditions.

In these BADI's we have access of header information which can be used to check condition.

I hope this will give you better idea.

Thanks for your efforts.

Manan Desai.