cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you login to Portal ESS as a different user?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to login to Portal ESS as a different user in order to trouble shoot their problems?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Removing this question due to inactivity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scott,

Do you mean troubleshooting in a production system, or a QA system that's been copied from production?

Whilst I wouldn't recommend doing this in production, you could either use the User Mapping functionality on the portal side (you would need to know their ECC password though) or temporarily link your ECC User Id to their employee record via Infotype 0105 Subtype 0001.

The latter approach wouldn't necessarily reveal any authorisation issues in ECC though, as you would probably have more access than they did.

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Do you mean troubleshooting in a production system, or a QA system that's been copied from production?

Whilst I wouldn't recommend doing this in production, you could either use the User Mapping functionality on the portal side (you would need to know their ECC password though) or temporarily link your ECC User Id to their employee record via Infotype 0105 Subtype 0001.

The latter approach wouldn't necessarily reveal any authorisation issues in ECC though, as you would probably have more access than they did."

I would like to be able to do this in the Production system, but I thought I would only be able to do this in the QA system (our QA system is refreshed with production data monthly). I will try the temporary link to their emp record tomorrow when I get to work.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Scott.