cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to expose a web service from CRM 2007 MDF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

I need to expose as a web service the functionality of the MDF part of CRM 2007 to later be consumed in .NET.

Market development funds (MDF) are resources that you make available to channel partners for cooperative marketing. A variety of features enable you to more efficiently manage the MDF process, from planning, through enrollment of channel partners, through settlement of claims in SAP ERP.

Is there any documention/ blog/ tutorial/guide available that can help us?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagur

I have a question about enableing a standard web service for MDF.

In help.sap.com under the channel manager role they mention the standard menu items for MDF. They also mention ones that are HIDDEN in standard. Do you know how I can unhide these menu items? Accruals is the menu item I am trying to unhide.

Thanks in advance!

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is your question about creating a web service or enabling the web service ??

Which objects (Program / Special Program / Initiative / Claim / Budget Posting etc) in the MDF Process are you trying to expose through web service ?? I can give my thoughts on this...

Which service pack of CRM 2007 are you in ?? Depending on this info, i can give information.

Regards,

Nag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Nag

We are on service pack 2. SAPKU60002

About the objects in the MDF process, we are going to start with CLAIMS.

I think , not sure, we have to create the web service.

or is there already web services for this process that we can just enable?

regards, Alex

xavier_dehairs2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

To make something available as a web service, you can try 2 things:

1. The first one would be to transform an ABAP function module into a web service, using the standard tools available in SE37(Utilities > More Utilities > Create Web Service)

2. There is a tool in CRM 2007 which creates Web services based on the BOL, but which is normally used for Word or Adobe Integration. But nothing prevents you from reusing this web service in other applications such as in your .NET applications.

This is to start, if you need more info on one of those 2 topics, do not hesitate !

Xavier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Xavier

We used the first option that you mentioned, we exposed through the Web Service Wizard

but my doubt is, How can I identify the correct BAPI to expose as a Web Service, for instance,

we want to expose the "Search Claims" functionality, which is a part of the MDF process of the CRM 2007. How can I recognize the BAPI or transaction used to do the claim search and therefore expose it as a web service? Do I made myself clear sr? Hope so

About the second topic I don´t have idea. could you give us more information, please?

regards, Alex

xavier_dehairs2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

To find the BAPI, there is no easy way. Either you know it from some documentation, or you try to find it yourself based on its name (i often use wildcards to see what is available and then test the function module to see if it is the one i need or not). The other option is debugging

For the 2nd possibility, try reading the documentation available there:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm60/helpdata/en/fb/6745717b59421e9fe15b07995dca30/frameset.htm

It should help you understanding the concepts.

Good luck,

Xavier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where can I find the Web Service Tool -- "There is a tool in CRM 2007 which creates Web services based on the BOL tool in CRM 2007 which creates Web services based on the BOL" -- ?

The documentation says:

It´s included in the service professional role and can be accesed from the services operations work center. This tool allows you to create standard service operations...

But can´t find it.

regards, Alex Market

Edited by: Consultoria Softtek on Sep 23, 2008 10:57 PM

xavier_dehairs2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Personnaly, I found it in the SALESPRO role, under sales operations. There you have a link for document templates and when you create a new template, then you have a button to access the Web Service Tool, not very easy to find I have to say

Regards,

Xavier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another threat to the Web Service Tool in CRM 2007 (answering my own question)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To start the web service tool call the component workbench in the CRM system

(Transaction BSP_WD_CMPWB). Choose component WS_DESIGN_TOOL and press the button Test.

The web service tool is opened in a browser window.

Now, the question is, how can I identify the MDF -- Claims relevant business object in order to create the web service using this tool?

Edited by: Consultoria Softtek on Sep 26, 2008 11:16 PM