cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does EvalAsSchedulerSchema do

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It was recommended to me (as a possible way to avoid a software bug) to set EvalAsSchedulerSchema to 1 (true), but I have no idea what it does. I found it in the RWS registry set to 0 ( which must be the default because I have not set it), so it is set per database (not per scheduler). The help is less than helpful, saying only that it makes it compatible with versions prior to 5.5.2. We installed at 6.0.2, so that does not tell me anything usefull.

So... if somone happens to know what the EvalAsSchedulerSchema switch causes to happen, or not happen, I would appreciate the information.

Thanks,

Steven Peckham.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

This changes slightly the way how parameters are handled/checked. Normally they are checked and evaluated as the user submitting the job, but by setting this parameter they will be checked as SYSJCS so with different security. This is only for the internal checks though, when submitting jobs the drop downs in the submit wizard will still be populated with only the values that the user can see.

So under most circumstances, there is no big difference between the two settings with respect to running the jobs, especially with regards to SAP jobs.

There may be a more important difference between the two settings if custom built applications are involved, as well as remote parameter checks (for instance via database links).

Regards,

Anton.

Answers (0)