cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Accessibility & SAPGUI for WINDOWS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using SAP NetWeaver Portal 7.0 that uses transaction iViews to display content from the back end ECC 6.0 system. We have a requirement from our client to have the portal accessible to people with disabilities. So when i apply the accessibility setting in the portal (by turning on the the accessibility feature), i get an sapgui for windows window pop up when i click on a transaction iView from the portal. So it seems that with the accessibility feature, the portal uses sapgui for windows to show the transaction iViews. Since our client does not want to have sapgui for windows installed in their machines, do you know of a way to get around that? Will SAPGUI on Citrix be an option?

I will greatly appreciate your help on this.

Thank you,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try using the SAP GUI as HTML output? It uses ITS to render SAP GUI interface using HTML instead of opening up SAP GUI and running the tcode. Also check out the Java output option.

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

With the accessibility feature on, I get an SAPGUI for Windows pop up regradless of what i have defined in my iViews. Currently my iviews are set to use SAPGUI for HTML.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are having this same issue. So far I have seen the issue is fixed if I turn OFF Accessibility feature for that particular user.

Any updates how you fixed it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Never mind. Just found out as per note # 825464 No matter whatever your SAP GUI type is defined in iView, for accessibility feature SAPGUI for Windows is always used.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186017
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

When the user is defined with the accessibility flag on WinGui is allways beeing used (even if the iView property says else).

Sorry for the bad news...

Thanks & BR,

Nadav.