Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning Query was changed! Element XXX no longer exists in structure

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have encountered this error when opening a query in Excel with BEx Explorer. When the query is opened in the web browser, this error does not display.

The query was changed to remove calculated Key Figures that were added to the query and do not exist in the BW cube. We did not encounter this error until after the query went to production. Go figure!

I saw something here regarding refreshing the workbook but I do not know how this is done or why. There are other queries in the workbook which have not been touched.

Can anyone provide some insight and help with dealing with this error?

Regards, Dean.

PS. We are on B/W 3.5

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try running tcode RSRT and regenerating the query: Environment --> Gen. Queries Directly, then enter the InfoProvider and Query of interest and execute.

I have found that doing this after an InfoProvider is changed will prevent such warning messages from appearing.

BTW, there is a setting to suppress warning messages on the Web template, so I suspect that has been set in your case and that is why you do not see this message on the Web report.

Hope this helps...

Bob

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I forgot to 'refresh' the workbook but saving as existing workbook in the business analyzer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

remove that query and assign it to the workbok again.