cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Upgrade to CR XI R2?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to upgrade my CR XI Developer Release 1 environment to Release 2. I can't find the download to do this, but found a pdf that mentions a free upgrade from R1 to R2. The pdf is titled "Crystal Reports 2008 u2013 Frequently Asked Questions", and at the bottom of page 4 it states "For COM based application development we recommend Crystal Reports XI Release 2. This includes the RDC and ActiveX Viewer, and is a free upgrade from Crystal Reports XI."

So, how do I get the free upgrade?

Also, while searching for the download, I found a reference to a "Hotfix" for Crystal Reports XI Release 2 -- the hotfix is 1GB in size. Is this essentially the entire R2 designer environment (if so, what version -- developer?) and how is this different from a service pack download?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eman,

You can download CR XI R2 SP2 Developer editon here:

[http://resources.businessobjects.com/support/additional_downloads/service_packs/crystal_reports_en.asp#CRXIR2]

Be sure to grab the one marked: Service Pack 2 - Full build - ZIP - 1.03 GB - released April 2007

You can use your same registration number as you are using with CR XI Dev.

Best Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

I just purchased the Crystal Reports XI Developer full version from the Business Objects site and was told by B.O. sales that I can just upgrade it to Release 2.

Can I also use the link you mentioned above to upgrade the software directly to Release 2 (skipping Release 1)?

Thanks for your help.

Gary

0 Kudos

Yes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the quick reponse.

Gary

Answers (0)