Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV in background - Doe'sn't show all columns!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All!

I have a ALV report and I want to execute the report in background. I'm using the FM REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY, it executes with success but the spool cut a lot of columns of my report. When I execute online, I don't have any problems.

Do you any idea of what is happening? Is there any parameter I have to set in FM?

I already set in transaction SPAD ->System Spool -> tab Others -> the first checkbox. Is there anything else?

Thanks in advance!!!

Aline.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to set proper page format when you run in background in the print parameters of the ALV FM.

Pass the LA_PRINT to the IS_PRINT in the Function module

DATA: LA_PRINT TYPE SLIS_PRINT_ALV.

* set your page format which can bring your all columns
LA_PRINT-PRINT_CTRL-PRI_PARAMS-PAART = 'X_65_255'.  

3 REPLIES 3

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to set proper page format when you run in background in the print parameters of the ALV FM.

Pass the LA_PRINT to the IS_PRINT in the Function module

DATA: LA_PRINT TYPE SLIS_PRINT_ALV.

* set your page format which can bring your all columns
LA_PRINT-PRINT_CTRL-PRI_PARAMS-PAART = 'X_65_255'.  

former_member212653
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check out the LINE-SIZE given your program.The maximum line width in SAP in 1023 characters.If it crosses the limit it list output will break into next line.

0 Kudos

even GET_PRINT_PARAMETERS, SET_PRINT_PARAMETERS also helpful...to set default printer, page format,suppressing dialog popup, not printing cover page,etc