Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor Account Groups

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please excuse my ignorance....

My company is using vendor account groups to specify field status (mandatory etc) for vendor creation.

How are the field status enforced, does the user choose a vendor group on creation?

How can I see what vendor group a vendor has been specified as at creation?

Is it possible to force vendor creation to use a certain vendor group?

Thanks for your help,

Chris.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivasa_maruvada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Goto TCode OBD3

Select New Entries and name it

Goto Field Status and select your required/optional fields for the newly created group. Those fields will appear at the time of creation of Vendor master with the new account group

Cheers

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all very much.

Thats great.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member335885
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

YES, durning creation of Vendor we have to give company code, Purchase org and account group if you are creating from XK01. There are MK01, FK01 also for creation of Vendor but it differes from dept to dept. FI people uses FK01, MM Purchaing will use MK01 or XK01(Central with bioth FI and MM Views)

You can go to OMSG tcode to see all the account groups and how field selection can be controlled by double clicking on the account group and double click on the field status.

Yes you can force vendor creation with a certain vendor group with the help of authorisation control to the user id.

The Vendor data can be viewed in the tables in SE16 and table LFA1

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes the user has to choose an account group when creating a vendor with xk01 or fk01 or mk01.

in XK03, just click the blue info button in the application toolbar, this gives you the account group the vendor is created for.

Best method is to educate the users. Alternative you can remove the number ranges from the account groups you dont want to use. another alternative is to restrict the user to just one account group via authorisations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen,

Is there a table I can view (se16) where I can extract vendors to see on mass which account groups are being used?

Also along the same lines, using the same/different table could I see which document types the vendor master is? I want to try and see if any are set as trading partners/intercompany for interco elimination at conoidation.

Thanks

Chris

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the table that has the account group with vendors is LFA1.

vendor partners are stored in WYT3 table

I dont understand what you mean with vendor document types.

if the vendor is assigned to a plant for intercompany business can be seen in table T001w