cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right Fax and Fax numbers with Special Characters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have an issue in ECC 6.0 using RightFax where fax outputs stored with special characters like dash or space are not sending and logging as errors in SOST. We update the fax numbers to be only numeric strings and resend without any issues. Is this standard that the fax number must be numeric?

I've searched everywhere and haven't found much information on this. Does anyone know of a OSS note or user exit we can put in place to adjust the fax number to be only numeric?

Or, does anyone know of a fix we can make to Rightfax to use these numbers with special characters correctly?

Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason Bruss

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member248712
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Is this standard that the fax number must be numeric?

I think so. I don't know how to do a fax with out a number. Can you?

AB

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree that a fax is numeric, but it can be stored in SAP with dashes, spaces, or other special characters. Is there a way to have the value in the fax number field adjusted to convert all non-numeric's to spaces and then concatenated to remove the spaces prior to passing it to RightFax? I'm looking for any advice from anyone who might have come across this issue. Let me know if there is an OSS note or if you used an enhancement point somewhere to resolved the issue.

Thanks,

Jason B