Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Alerts to External E-mail PI 7.0 SP13

Hi,

I'm trying to configure alerts to an external e-mail id and was browsing through some the answers in forum.

And it surprised me that I do not see some options mentioned in those answers on my SAP screen

1) RWB>ALERT INBOX> PERSONALIZATION--> Time Independent Delivery and Email are selected.

Que: The personalization options I have are Mail, Fax and SMS. I do not see a "E-Mail" option, am I missing something or its the same "Mail" option?

2) Also, In ALRTCATDEF, go to SETTINGS--> CONFIGURATION. By default, the option selected is INTERNAL PROCESSING. Select the option SMTP FORWARDING AS XML and give the email id. This will enable you to send an email alert whenever an error occurs in XI.

Que: When I go to ALRTCATDEF -> Settings -> Configuration, I see only 3 sections Inbound Processing,Status Handling with Mails and Logging.

I do not see Processing , Personalization and XML Formatting sections.

Are things different in PI 7.0 SP 13 or I need to configure/ activate something?

Note: Alerts to RWB -> Alert inbox are working perfect.

I'm able to send e-mails to external mail ID from SAP Inbox, so I guess SMTP in SCOT is configured right.

Please help!!

Regards,

Anish

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question