cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppressed Subreports Exporting Blank Rows to Excel

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a report that includes a subreport in the group header to calculate a related shared variable value inlcuded as a column in the group footer detail section. I have set the subreport property on the Subreport tab to suppress if blank, and have set the section to be suppressed if blank. The subreport correctly calculates the shared variable value, but when I export, I get 4 blank rows. If I suppress the section containing the subreport direclty, the lines go away but so does my shared variable value.

How can I configure the subreports so that I can generate a clean Excel export.?

Fuskie

Whose last resort is to simply not include the shared variable value obtained from the subreport...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to the Business Objects Notes link (to the left) and search for:

1218324 - How to suppress a subreport but still evaluate and pass a shared variable

How it exports may be a little touchy depending upon whether you're exporting to Excel - or Excel (data only).

Data only will be pickier on formatting issues (check the Export Limitations document for CR10 to find out what is or is not supported when exporting to Excel versus Excel (data only)).......

Former Member
0 Kudos

I resolved the decision by exporting using the regular (not Data Only) Excel format and telling it to base column widths on the Report Header.

Fuskie

Who will have to provide user instructions to this effect...