Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative resources in production order - primary resource selected

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good evening,

I have a following problem, for which I have not found a solution:

we are using alternative modes in PPMs for reassigning orders to alternative resources and creating an order sequence for each resource in the Detailed Scheduling Planning Board (DSPB) in APO. However, when I convert a planned order to production order, this order is assigned to a primary resource again. Can I avoid this behaviour?

Thanks and best regards,

Jevgeni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jevgeni,

Please check setting for "Current Mode" in Strategy defined in Strategy profile Strategy profile :

In Cross Strategy Parameter : Current Modes : Retain

In Strategy Paramerters for dependent objects : Enable check Box : Retain Mode

You can find Strategy Profile using SPRO in PPDS

Thukral

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thukral,

I also thought about that. Unfortunately, the prod order gets assigned to primary resource anyway. I've heard, when planned order is converted to prod order and sent to R/3, it reads PP data in R/3 and there in a routing, it calls up a primary resource. In addition, prod order does not contain alternative sequences any more and cannot be rescheduled to another resource.

I wonder, if this system behaviour can be changed or just accepted. But how is it than possible to to execute the sequences of orders created in the DSPB? It seems, manufacturing cannot use this sequence for execution, as all prod orders will be allocated to primary resource.

Answers (0)