Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TVARVC variables not showing in the variant selection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client want to use the TVARVC table to maintain the settlement period. So everymonth, the variant for the settlement run will retrieve the settlement period from this table.

I was following the instruction:

1. run tcode STVARVC

2. Create a new variable SETT_Period_Current

3. Put 9 as the value for now.

then I used the SE38 to create a variant. In the attribute screen, I put "T" in the field "Selection Variables". Then when I selected the dropdown list of the field "Name of Variables", I did not find the variable "SETT_Period_Current" in the list. I don't know what went wrong.

Can anyone shed some lights on this?

Thanks,

Ting

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check

With transaction STVARV you can maintain the entries in table TAVRVC for the current client (display/change/add). Transaction STVARVC only allows you to maintain the entries in client 000.

Have you check this?

4 REPLIES 4

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check

With transaction STVARV you can maintain the entries in table TAVRVC for the current client (display/change/add). Transaction STVARVC only allows you to maintain the entries in client 000.

Have you check this?

0 Kudos

That might be the problem. I am not a ABAP person. So can you tell me how I can fix this in detail?

I ran the Tcode STVARVC in Dev -Config client to create that new variable. So what you are saying is that the variable is created in client 000 instead of in client Dev-Config? How can I get it into the client Dev-Config and finally get into the Production?

Thanks,

Ting

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot. This is really helpful!