cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different tables used in Consolidation Business Rules

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was going through the documentation of different tables that needs to be maintained for consolidation business rules. I am a little confused and need some clarifications.

These are different tables that needs to be maintained for consolidation -

clcELIM - This table will tell what each source account needs to be divided into what 4 destination accounts.

clcRULES - The RULES will tell how this source account needs to be divided (percentage wise as stored in the OWNERSHIP application) into these 4 destination accounts.

clcMETHOD - This table lists down the different methods (along with their types and description) and its used in the clcRULES table

clcELIMH_

• - What does this table do and where does it come into picture?
*clcELIM_ - Is this same as clcELIM table mentioned above?

clcRULESH - What does this table do and where does it come into picture?

Also, what am I looking at is what is the sequence in which these tables needs to be defined.

For example -

1. clcELIM has a field called RULE whose details are mentioned in clcRULES.

2. clcRULES has a field called METHOD and I_METHOD whose detailes are mentioend in clcMETHOD.

3. .... I am not sure what other tables do? Please fill in the gaps.

Thanks everyone for their help so far.

Ameya Kulkarni

Edited by: Ameya Kulkarni on Sep 18, 2008 7:19 PM

Edited by: Ameya Kulkarni on Sep 18, 2008 7:21 PM

Edited by: Ameya Kulkarni on Sep 18, 2008 7:21 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alwin,

Please forward me these documents as well. claudioruspantini at yahoo dot it

Claudio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameya,

Before I explain the SQL tables for businessrules, maintenance of this tables are all done via administration, you don't need, and it is not adviced to change the tables directly in SQL. Several checks are being made by administration when you validate and save the businessrules.

some explanation about the tables:

CLCELIM_app: stores the elimination rules created in administration called 'elimination details'

CLCELIMH_app: stores the elimination header rules in administration

the id's created in CLCELIMH_app must be used in CLCELIM and is in fact the link between them

CLCRULES: stores the created rules in administration

CLCRULESH: stores the created header rules in administration

the id's created in CLCRULESH must be used in CLCRULES and is in fact the link between them

CLCMETHOD: stores the created methods in administration

All these tables work together, you first have to create method and rules, the rules can then be used for eliminations.

The admin documentation that comes with the product explains this. I also have a document that goes a little bit more in depth about these tables, drop me an email if you want them.

Hope this helps,

Alwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great explanation Alwin!

Since I am new to SAP BPC world and to tell the truth, consolidation world as well (I am a planning & forecasting guy), my follow up questions are -

(Sorry if the questions are naive).

So according to what you have explained, clcELIM and clcELIMH work together along with clcMETHOD to define the elimination rules for entities.

What do clcRULES and clcRULESH do?

Also you said that these are the SQL tables (clcELIM, clcRULES, clcELIMH etc.) and its advisable not to configure them directly. So what business rules from the administration side update these tables. I am sure the METHOD administration will update clcMETHOD while RULES administration will update clcRULES and clcRULESH, is that right? what about ELIM and ELIMH.

I am asking these questions since I dont have the system to work on yet but will be getting it on Monday next week. Right now I am trying to grasp as much as I can. So if you can send me some snapshots to amey420 at gmail dot com, that will be really appreciated.

Also you can send me the other documents you were talking about. I will shoot you an email as well.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Ameya Kulkarni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameya,

I have sent you the documents. There is one in it with some screenshots having 'real life' examples.

These documents also handle the relations between the tables that you ask for.

The rules and method tables are maintained in administration and are used by all applications.

All other businessrules tables (like elim) are maintained in administration per application, if you click on an application, then on business rules, you find all available tables, like elimination and elimination details.

Please note that the available tables rely on the application type as set in the 'modify application' screens.

Alwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alwin,

Please forward me these documents as well. aggien at yahoo

Agnes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alwin,

Can you please forward the documents to me as well.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alwin

I'd appreciate access to those documents also.

Many Thanks,

Ian