cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Installer Invalid Source Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have just purchased and installed Crystal Reports XI (Release 1), downloaded SP4 and the latest Merge Modules.

I have registered the software and run Orca on CrystalReports11_RDC_License.msm to include the product key (with no dashes).

My VB6 project includes the following:

Component - Crystal ActiveX Report Viewer Library 11.0

References - Crystal Reports ActiveX Designer Design and Runtime Library 11.0

- Crystal ActiveX Report Viewer Library 11.0

When I build an msi file (Visual Installer 1.1), I have included 3 merge modules:

CrystalReports11_RDC_License.msm

CrystalReports11_RDC_Designtime.msm

CrystalReports11_RDC_Reportengine.msm

It gives the error "Property 'SourceFile' is invalid" for all dlls in the ReportEngine merge module. The SourceFile property shows addresses like "\Program Files\CommonFile\Business Objects\3.0\bin\ufmanager.dll"

However, dlls in the Designtime.msm are OK, and the SourceFile property shows addresses like " ..\..\..\..\Program Files\CommonFile\Business Objects\3.0\bin\craxdrt.dll"

Note that if I exclude the ReportEngine merge module, I get exactly the same error messages !

Please help !

Paul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

We've transferred your posting to the correct Forum area now.

Please post your development questions to the Developer Forums Legacy in this case because it's RDC:

VB 6 does not support merge modules. You need to use another program like Install Shield or Wise to be able to include merge modules and build a usable setup package.

If you have Visual Studio .NET it will work also as it supports Merge Modules.

Also note that it's a Visual Studio 6 issue, VS6 does not support using Merge Modules.

There are multiple distribution posts on this forums, please search and you will find all sorts of info on how to.

Thank you

Don

Answers (0)