cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What I need to install in a client?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Who do I configure or install in a user needing to access a report designed from my computer with the Crystal Reports version 2008. Thanks and greetings from Costa Rica.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

how are they going to access it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very thanks Sharon.

With the 8.0 version I had created a shortcut for each report from the server to each station users and install the complete crystal reports 8.0 at each station so that the report could be. The same, as is done now with the version 2008. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anibal,

Do you wish to give the users the ability to modify the reports or will they be able to just view the reports? If it is the second case and if you have enterprise installed on a server, all you need to do is Publish your reports to the Enterprise server and the users will be able to access these reports using the Infoview.

You will also be able to schedule the reports which will show updated data every time the report runs. It also has the ability to send these reports to the user mail inbox directly.

Please let us know more about how you want the users to access the reports so that we can look out for some other option if required.

Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer, my choice is the second, the users can only view the reports.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If there are no parameters that the user needs to enter themselves, you can always publish as a pdf file.

Jason

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anibal,

As per your requirement if the user should only access the reports then you can create a user group or a folder in your enterprise.

We can assign rightsin the Crystal Enterprise by publishing the reports to your server and create Group of users or all users and assign rights to only view the reports.

Where they can only see your reports and cant edit the reports.

In a client we cant install anything or stop accessing the reports from users.

If you still feel your question is not answered, please give a description of your requirement.

Regards,

Naveen.