cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0FISCPER defaults automatically in the Aggregate level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have a strange situation where I have 0FISCPER, 0FISCPER3, and 0FISCYEAR in my planning cube, but I only want 0FISCPER3, and 0FISCYEAR in my aggregate level.

For some reason, when I enter the 0FISCPER3 and 0FISCYEAR in the aggregate, the system automatically inserts the 0FISCPER characteristic in there as well. The quick solution is obviously to take the 0FISCPER out of the planning cube, but I want it in the planning so it can derive the value from 0FISCPER3 and 0FISCYEAR.

If I leave 0FISCPER in the aggregate level, then the system will need a value for it during the query design (or my cells will be locked), however, I do not want it in my Query.

So how can I make the system to stop inserting 0FISCPER in my aggregate, so I only have 0FISCPER3 and 0FISCYEAR in my aggregate.

Thanks

Edited by: Ehab Mansour on Sep 18, 2008 9:43 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For 0FISCYEAR- 0FISCPER3 is automatically inserted and indeed the values of all time characteristics are autoamtically derived. So you do not have to worry about the characteristics relationships for time chars.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I perfectly understand that time characteristics can now be dreived automatically.

However, my questions is, In my aggregate I only want to include 0FISCPER3, and 0FISCYEAR, and I only want to have 0FISCPER in the cube.

But when I flag 0FISCPER3 and 0FISCYEAR and try to activate the aggregate level, it inserts 0FISCPER. It won't let me activate the aggregate level without it..!!!

Let me know if I wasn't clear, please.

Edited by: Ehab Mansour on Sep 19, 2008 10:27 AM

0 Kudos

Hi Ehab,

sometimes characteristics are needed in the aggregation level, e.g. if you have not selected a characteristic that is used in a key figure as the characteristic for exception aggregation.

When the system adds a characteristic you will get a corresponding message. In your case create the level without 0FISCPER and press 'check' in the Planning Modeler. You will get a message when the system adds 0FISCPER. Unfortunately, WebDynpro Java UIs do not support long texts of messages. You can find the message in transaction SE91, message class RSPLS.

Regards,

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

Can you explain a little, or tell me where I can get information on Exception aggregation?

The problem is, in order not to have to define 0FISCPER in my aggregate levels I had to remove it completely from my cubes. But now I get a message saying that I need it in my cube for the purpose of Exception aggregation.

It;s a never ending circle, because then if I include it in my cube, then the syetem puts it automatically in my aggreagte level, which means it has to be in my query designer and filled with a value.

But since I'm using 0FISCPER3, and 0FISCYEAR already, I don't need 0FISCPER......!!

0 Kudos

Hi Ehab,

besides DB aggregation (SUM, MAX, MIN) the system supports exception aggregation for a key figure with respect to one characteristic. Technically this means during DB read the exception characteristic requested from the DB (is not in the group by statement); the OLAP then performs the excpetion aggregation.

BI Planning (since InfoCube are filled with delta records) the characteristics used in key figures with exception aggregation have to be included in the aggregation level to be able to change the key figures values; this is only possible if the values for characteristic used in the exception aggregation are known.

So the question is whether you want to change values for the characteristic with the excpetion aggregation. If yes you need the characteristic used in the exception aggregation also in the aggregation level. Maybe you can use 0FISCPER3 in the exception aggregation for your key figure.

If you need the key figure only for reporting, create a query on a MultiProvider. There you can mix aggregation levels and e.g. InfoCubes. Then do not use the key figure with the exception aggregation not in the aggregation level, but fill or map it from the InfoCube.

Regards,

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks so much for your information Gregor.

But this is all very confusing for me, this is the first time I've come across this concept of "Exception aggregation".

My situation is as follows, and let me know if you have any suggestions:

I have a IP planning cube, which is a copy of the Cost Center Activity cube. With this copy, the only time characteristics I required and kept in my planning cube, was 0FISCPER3, 0FISCYEAR, and 0FISCVARIANT, but I took OUT of the cube 0CALDAY, and 0FISCPER.

Then I created my Aggregate level in IP based on this cube. Then I did a check, and it said everything was consistent, and activated it.

Then using query designer I created a query Key figures were Activity Quantity, and row characteristics were Cost Center and Activity type. Time characteristics used were 0FISCPER3, 0FISCYEAR, and 0FISCVARIANT.

When I executed my query, I got the following message:

"Exception aggregation reference characteristic 0CALDAY not in info provider", and it seems like my query is locked, maybe as a result of this.

1) Does this mean I need 0CALDAY in the cube?

2) if the above is yes, then it will prompt me to put it in the Aggregation level as well, and if it's in the aggregation level, then it's going to expect me to give it a value in the query (otherwise it will lock), which I don't want to do.

Why does it need the 0CALDAY in the cube?

Can you suggest some options for this. Is there a way I can avoid having 0CALDAY in the cube and aggregate level? OR do I just leave it in the query, and find an SAP Exit variable that will just automatically populate this for me?

Sorry if I've repeated myself.

0 Kudos

Hi Ehab,

check the key figures you are using in RSD1, tab 'Aggregation'. One of your key figure uses 0CALDAY as the characteristic for exception aggregation. Change that to SUM or use another key figure with aggregation SUM, SUM.

Regards,

Gregor

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Ehab,

when 0FISCPER is not in the aggregation level but 0FISCYEAR, 0FISCPER3 are then will be automatically derived. In InfoCubes time characteristics have to be consistent this is why the system used a set of characteristic relations for time characteristics, cf.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/44/be8b631c743959e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

Regards,

Gregor