cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How could I improve the way a pie chart shows (CR 10)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The pie chart has five slices - a very large one and four very small slices. I have to show labels for it, and the problem is that no matter how I try to rotate or enlarge the chart the four labels for the small slices are very close to each other.

I am using Crystal Reports 10 and it has to be a pie chart and I have to show up its labels. Do I have any solution to "beautify" this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It sounds like you're having a similar problem to one I've had. When this happens, I double-click the entire pie chart. This should bring it up by itself in a new window. In this window you can individually move around the labels (and percentages if you have them). Also, you can do as the previous person mention and while in this view, right click and select "Chart Options." Sometimes rotating or even expanding the chart can add more space in between the pie slices.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When in the Preview tab you should be able to click and highlight the slice labels and drag them to a new location so that they aren't as close together.

This is static for each time you run the report. It will not be carried over to other runs of the report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The report is being viewed by customers over the Internet by using ActiveX viewer (CR Server 10 too), so this trick isn`t working ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe this will help?

1. Select the slice you want.

2. Right-click on it and select "Chart Options"-"Series"

3. In the "General" tab move the slider to the right to detach the slice. Click on the "OK" button to save the change.