Crystal Reports date formatting problems for Australia and Japan
We are having a problem with our Crystal Reports in Australia and Japan in which the report does not correctly format the date fields. We have done several tests in which I feel we have demonstrated the problem lies with the Crystal Report. Here is some information on the situation:
1. The Siebel application works as expected. The object manager is using the Australian locale.
2. There is a "globalization" tag in the "system.web" segment of the web.config file for the .NET reporting files. There is a parameter called "culture" that dynamically formats dates and times. We have set this culture to "en-AU" which is the Microsoft suggested value for Australia.
3. When we launch a report the date format does not follow the Australian date format.
4. Changed the culture to 'en-AU' for Australia Production web.config - didn't work
5. Changed the culture to 'en-AU' for Australia Test web.config - didn't work
7. Changed the culture to 'en-AU' for Support Test web.config - didn't work
9. Changed the culture to 'de-CH' for Australia Test web.config - worked
In summary, Australia and japan cultures didn't work anywhere including existing working websites, but the German culture worked where the Australia and Japan wouldn't.
We are leaning toward Crystal Reports as the culprit an not IIS. Is there anything we are missing for these two countries?
I found this message for 2006 that is similar https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=16466570&messageID=5561274.