cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Down Payment Amount

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I had a sales order which had a 50% down payment invoice created. The down payment invoice was paid by the customer. There were three different deliveries against the order as they were partial shipments. This led to three different invoices. Our customer did not apply the down payment to the first invoice by accident. They then applied the down payment against the second and third invoices. However, this has left a balance open on the down payment. The last two invoices did not total the down payment amount.

The first invoice that was created without the down payment applied against it is still open. However, I can't seem to apply the down payment to the invoice. Our customer, in an attempt, to correct the general ledger, did a journal entry to correct the g/l portion. However, when I look at the Down Payments to Draw window (I get to it by going to an invoice that had a down payment applied against it and pressing the ... button next to Total Down Payment) it still shows an open amount. How do I apply this open amount so it no longer appears? Is there anyway to apply this against the first invoice? If not, how do I clear this out of there?

I appreciate anybody's help.

Thank you,

Amanda Ramstack

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

K_Pauquet
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Amanda,

your customer should credit the 1st invoice & then recreate it while drawing the remainder of the downpayment in. If the invoice had been based on a delivery, also create a return of the item(s) & then recreate the entire business flow.

All the best,

Kerstin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kerstin and Suda,

Thank you for your responses as well. I appreciate the help.

I wasn't able to do an internal reconcilliation because the down payment amounts are not listed. So, I tried the process Kerstin suggested in a test environment. I have a few questions:

- What should I do if this an applied amount against the existing A/R Invoice?

- How does this affect sales history? Will it appear as if the customer has bought these items twice instead of once?

My biggest concern is in regards to the applied payment. How should I handle this?

Thank you again for your help.

Amanda

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amanda Ramstack

Internal Reconciliation is one way to do it.

Otherwise you could create a Credit Memo for that one invoice and duplicate that invoice and apply the down payment to it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you try doing internal reconciliation by Business partner .I think that would have helped you .

Which version of SAP you are using and What patch level .

Thank you

Bishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bishal,

Thank you for your response.

They are running 2007A PL 38.

I tried to do a manual internal reconcillation, but it did not list the open down payment amounts. So unfortunately, I was unable to reconcile the transaction.

Thanks,

Amanda

jitin_chawla
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Amanda,

It would not be possible to reconcile the transactions through Internal reconciliation. You can check Kerstin's reply above which could be helpful in your scenario.

Regards,

Jitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitin,

Would you have any recommendations as to what I should do with the applied check against the invoice?

Thank you,

Amanda