cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B1ItemGroup filter not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to add a filter on the items search for a B1 Item group. The customer wants to only add items from the a specific B1 Items group to the catalog. When I try to add the filter B1Itemsgroup-contain-group name, I click add filter and the filter comes up and says B1Itemsgroup-contains-0. I try to remove the filter and I get an internal exception error. But I can filter by name just fine.

Is there anyway to associate B1 Item groups with the categories in WT. I thought that it did that automatically, at least it did in a previous version(maybe). Any suggestions?

WT 2007 PL11

B1 2007A PL38

Thanks,

Karl

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karl,

You have chosen a task that illustrates the weaknesses of the filtered search. Namely, it requires knowlegde of the schema to get it to work correctly and it doesn't do much to help you with that.

"Contains" will not work for B1ItemGroup. B1ItemGroup stores the CategoryID in the PartsMaster table, so "EqualTo" value will need to be an integer. Unfortunately, there is no way within the UI to find the CategoryID of an Item Group.

The only way to get this value is a SQL query:

select *
from catalogscategory
where categorycode like 'B1%'

That will return all of the B1 Item Groups. You will need to find the CategoryID of the group you want and plug that into the filter.

Regarding why items are no longer automatically populated to the OnLine catalog, there were a number of bugs related to the association of B1 item groups to webtools catalogs. In reality, they are not the same thing. Because you can create catalogs and categories that do not exist in B1, objects, such as item and service contract, which have item group data would cause synch errors when categories were chosen that did not exist in B1. Additionally, there is pricing and other functionality associated with item groups in B1 that does not have any counterpart in Webtools. For these reasons, the decision was made to officially sever the relationship.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shane.

I ran the query and it returned a CategoryID of 2 and a CategoryCode of 133(which I assume is the enumeration from the b1 side as I queried the OITB table and thats what it showed) and CategoryID of 10 with CategoryCode of B1_133 So I try 2 first and then 133 in the items filter and it does not return any items. I also tried 10 and it returned all items?

There are only 349 items showing up on the inventory report and I think there were about 150 that were inactive.

I ran the following query on the wt db and it returned 501 items which would be correct

select * from partsmaster

where B1ItemGroup = 10

So why is it returning all items through the filter?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Karl

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure what you are refering to by inventory report. If that is a report we distribute, I am not familiar with it.

There are a number of different searches in WT, depending on where you are.

The customer facing item search will only display active items and items in the active catalog. The partpicker search uses the same criteria.

The filtered search (admin search) has no default filters, so it will return all items. By setting the B1ItemGroup EqualTo 10 in the filtered search, you are doing the same thing as you did with your SQL query:

select * from partsmaster

where B1ItemGroup = 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shane,

Of course you are right, I must have taken a stupid pill and was not counting correctly. One of those days I guess.

Thanks again,

Karl

Answers (0)