Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW Scenarios

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are doing a presentation on LSMW (what this is and how it's done) and need to explain the risks involved. In order to do this, I need to to create LSMW programs around the following scenarios:

1. the potential to cause data table issues while users are on the system when the dataload is executed

2. direct updates into the tables bypassing the transactions.

If someone can give me examples on the above scenarios, I would be really grateful.

And any other dangerous scenarios are appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2

former_member248712
Active Participant
0 Kudos

1. the potential to cause data table issues while users are on the system when the dataload is executed

SAP has system locks that would prevent updating the Tables in case that is considered as a potential threat to the System or the Table itself.

To your question, I see no problem with Users on the System when doing dataloads except in terms of Hardware resources availability.

2. direct updates into the tables bypassing the transactions.

I always recomend users to follow the best practices to use T-codes or SAP Delivered programs to update tables, since the data uploaded would fill-in all Tables required avoiding inconsistencies in the related Tables and would prevent troubleshooting issues.

AB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Name: JB L

> Registered: Sep 21, 2005

> Total Posts: 83

> Total Questions: 48 (40 unresolved)

> Forum Points: 0

Is it possible to use LSMW to update neglected questions which have an unresolved status?