cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing on a different computer problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys, I have a report on web site, this report is exported in PDF format.

When I export it, from my local IIS (5.0) its fine, all margins are ok.

The problem occurs when I install the web application into the production server with IIS (6.0). The report has different margins... I can't figure out the problem.

Somebody knows how to configure the printing page margins?

May be its other problem, but I can't figure it out.

-

Thanks in advance.

Daniel.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Margins are set using the default printer. Install the same printer you are using on the IIS 6 web PC and it should resolve the issue.

You may want to check on No Default printer for each report.

Search the forums for "default printer", there are multiple threads on how to...

Thank you

Don

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much guys.

Don and Ted, thanks for your help, both answers were usefull to my current case and future scenarios.

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Formatting of a Crystal Report is printer driver dependent - it's the only graphic device on Windows that have sufficient fine-grained control:

[How to Design Reports That Print Consistently in Different PC Environments|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40e40899-721e-2b10-b084-c7ed76af46f1]

Unfortunately, this makes the report formatting dependent on the printer driver - you should use the exact same printer driver (same brand, type, and even version and build numbers).

Setting "No Printer" uses default screen resolution, so would give you less fine-grained formatting (although it'll be consistent across machines).

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda