Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a big problem with crystal report 11 r2:

I work wind visual foxpro 9 and when install the crystal report runtime in

windows vista, the report work good in the screen but when I try to print

doesn't work.

I try with all merges modules and all type the "crystalruntime.application"

or "crystalruntime.application11" object but the result is the same.

The error is only a symbol "!".

Can you help me? Thanks you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

patrick_genest
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

To troubleshoot this issue I will suggest to:

1. Open one of the sample report in Crystal Reports XI R2, and print it to the same printer.

Does it work?

( If it works, then try with one of your report... If it doesn't work, try to use a different printer

or verify if there is an update to the printer driver you used. )

2. If the report prints in Crystal Reports XI R2 designer, then it could be an issue with the application.

Test your application on different computers, and different printers to see if it's not specific to one

computer or printer.

Finally, since you are developing an application in Visual Fox Pro, the issue could be related to your application. I will suggest to post your question on the Legacy Application Development SDKs forum at:

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Shweta.

In windows 2008 server, for the same problem, how fix the problem?

Regards

Fernando Spalla

Edited by: Fernando Spalla on Sep 25, 2008 7:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

CRXIR2 is not officially tested on windows 2008 server.

Have a look to [Plateform supported Guide|https://websmp105.sap-ag.de/bosap-support]

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick

My reports work good in windows xp. I install the same runtime in windows vista and windows xp, but in the windows vista when I try to print (not to view) is when the report doesn`t work.

The error is only a symbol "!".

Thank you

Fernando Spalla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

Such kind of issue occurs with vista we have a workaround for it.

Please try with this:

Run a command prompt as administrator. From the start menu, select "All Programs", then "Accessories" and right-click on the "Command Prompt" shortcut and choose "Run As Administrator". From here you can use the following command to disable Data Execution Prevention (DEP) with the following command:

bcdedit.exe /set nx AlwaysOff Keeping your command prompt open, run your setup or other process being stopped by DEP. Then, to turn it back on again, do the same and run the following: bcdedit.exe /set nx AlwaysOn

Hope that helps!!

Regards,

Shweta