Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add another j2ee inst, how to synchronize the settings between instances

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Imagine this scenario:

We have a Netweaver JAVA based installation, just one single instance. The system was installed by some external tech consultant. Now as the system grows, we decide to add a dialog instance. The consultant is gone, left no installation documentation and we know, that a number of parameters were customized at installation time. The changes may either have been in the config tool or visual admin, and could be global or local.

How can we apply the customized settings to the new instance? How can we easily compare the settings of the two instances?

Regards

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. Try read this

/thread/47696 [original link is broken]

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ef/61ca70718e4992befe589d9fb9d37b/frameset.htm

About global and local .....

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergo

Sorry, but this does not help me, i know how and where to do the settings. I know about the export possibilities in the config tool. But you can either export only a single key to xml, or everything in a unreadable binary format.

So what if you had to deploy a productive dialog instance, how would you guarantee the settings are indeed all ok? In a ABAP world, we used to compare the instance profiles and we were fine...

Regards

Michael

Edit: ahh, about the global and local. Some settings just can't be customized globally, and you will always have some settings customized locally (by mistake

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok mho, Probably it speaks on adm200 course, it would be necessary will be disaccustomed there.

Some settings you can check and download from "system information" page

http://server:port/sap/monitoring/SystemInfo

I shall wait for messages in this forum, yours faithfully Sergo Beradze.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, i am marking this as answered.

Answered in the sense, "no it is not possible to compare two configurations"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does nobody have a possibility to identify customized settings in a J2EE?

Does anybody want such a feature at all?

Regards

Michael