cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading old CRM activities into the system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good afternoon

In our company we want to upload old CRM activities into the system (CRM 4.0)

By doing so we also want to change the "created by" field with the initials of the user that used to make the activity.

This is a problem since some of the users are no longer with us in the company. Therefore they do not have a working SAP account, but we still want to add their name in the field.

Is this possible and what do we have to do?

Thank you for your help,

Filip

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thinking you can create this user for the time than you load activities into system and after loaded activities you can delete all not requred users).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Filip

If you do not want to program, you can also upload the activities with the external list management (ELM) or the LSMW workbench. However, in your case I would create the old employees still as BP's in the system and assign them to the activities in the partner function 'Employee Responsible'.

The 'Created By' field is filled automatically and will be filled with the user loading the activities. Of course you can later overwrite them directly with ABAP in the DB, but this is not such a good idea as this data would e.g. not be replicated to mobile sales (if you use it).

So better do the following:

1. make sure all employees are as standard business partners and employees in the system (they might have a deletion flag, if they no longer exist in the company)

2. upload the activities with a partner function pointing to the former employees

3. If you want, you can then still update the created by field on the DB directly by getting the employee out of the partner function.

Regards, Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i would rather import these activities using program written in abap that will use standard SAP CRM's bapis for eg. crm_order_maintain, and fill partner function on document with this user name. you could create special type of activity with special partner determination procedure that will have function eg "activity author" where you will fill in the author.

i dont now if filling created by is possible.

regards

radek