cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group Header Not Appearing on Page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here's one. I have a report developed in XI which is not displaying a group header on a page for some reason, and only a group footer. Here's the breakdown of the structure:

RHa

RHb

RHc

PH -- Title

GH1 -- Column Headers

GH2 --Supressed

GH3 --Supressed

Details --Supressed

GF3 --RTs

GF2 -- Subtotals/Date

GF1 -- GrandTotals/Customer

RF -- Subreport

PF -- Pagenumber, etc.

The page in question comes up with the following:

PH

GF1

**Lots of whitespace

PF

Page BEFORE:

PH

GH1

GH3 (lines equal to almost the entire page)

GF2

PF

I've tried messing with "Keep Together" via the Section Expert. I've also tried changing the group options and have currently checked "repeat group header on each page". Neither of these have altered the page. The only thing that changed that behavior was to change the amount of date coming in, or unsupress GH2 (thus creating white space). Neither of which are acceptable to our end-users.

Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You also may want to look for a note (kbase) that explains all the keep together options (Keep Group Together, Keep Section Together, Keep Object Together) and how they will affect the looks of the report.

The number of the note (kbase) is: 1214391

Enjoy!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found a particular selection #1208081 that seems to address my problem at least a little. However, it does two things different:

1. It assumes that the repeating line is details whereas mine is not (my summary is actually a GF because of running totals).

2. Adding new sections is okay (which I'm trying to stay away from as this report is likely to be become a template).

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sadly, that solution is not working either. Likely because I'm actually not using Detail fields but Group Footers (GF) as my actual detail lines (because of running totals).

Any other suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shaun,

Kindly try one more option File -> Options -> Reporting , and check the Show all headers on drilldown option. Hope it will help u a bit.

Regards

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, that was already selected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,

You can have the GH show on each page --> right-click on GH1, select 'Change Group', go to Options tab and select 'Repeat Group Header on Each Page'.

You mentioned GH2/3 is taking up most of the first page. If this is still happening, this is what is forcing the group footer to the next page. Is it possible to narrow down that section? Although if it's suppressed, it should not be taking up any space at all. Whatever spacing is assigned to a GH and GF, the balance is assigned to the Details section to make up a page. So unless a GH or GF takes up most of the page, these sections should appear together.

There's also the New Page After/Before under the Section Expert. How much space is allocated to the RH sections?

Heather

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sadly, we simply had to restructure the original template. It appears that it was simply a bug we encountered.

former_member230846
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,

To clarify about the "Keep Group Together" option. In Crystal Reports Designer:

- select the Design tab.

- right-click in the grey area to the left for Group Header#1.

- select 'Change Group'.

- select 'Options'.

Is "Keep Group Together" enabled? What about the subsequent groups? Which options are selected?

Regards,

Wallie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maks sure your sections are not marked Keep Together (section expert).

Go into Change Group for each of your three groups and make sure that Keep Group Together is not marked for any of them.

It sounds like your occurence of Group 1 is simply completing with the group footer on a page by itself and the next group 1 Header is going to the following page (I suspect you have Keep Group Together marked for Group 1). Once that is unmarked - the next occurence of Group 1 will begin immediately after your GF1 - on the same page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Regretfully, this had no effect as they Keep Together wasn't checked in any of the group sections. The behavior is acting as expected on the next page (GH1 for the next group shows).

That said Crystal is able to identify a new page (Page Header (PH) is displayed) and with or without selecting Repeat Group Header on Each Page from the Change Group options it has no effect. Odd since it's identifying that it's a new page (i.e. the PH displaying) and should then display the GH1 with the GF1.