cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Drill-Down Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a report that you cannot go past about page 16. When you try to go past page 16 the report opens up the Select Expert for Group Footer 2 highlighting {@Month 1} as being an error. There is no error message that says what's wrong or anything. It just opens up and highlights {@Month 1}. My select expert has the following formula.

if {?Pallet ><} = "Show Pallets Less Than 1" then

{@Month 1} > .99 else if //Yes, this is backwards but you have to do it this way because Crystal suppresses the opposite of what you want.

{?Pallet ><} = "Show Pallets Greater Than 1" then

{@Month 1} < .99

// Show Pallets less than one means to suppress pallets greater than one.

The formula for {@Month 1} which is just a regular formula I've created.

if {dim_Date.FiscalMonthNBR} = {Command.Previous Fiscal Month} and

(tonumber(Maximum ({vw_dim_Product.CA_MPN_JMelBoxesPerPallet}, {@upc}))) <> 0 then

Sum ({fct_CurrentSales.Cases}, {@upc}) /

(tonumber(Maximum ({vw_dim_Product.CA_MPN_JMelBoxesPerPallet}, {@upc})))

/ {Command.Prev Mo Week Count} else

if {dim_Date.FiscalMonthNBR} = {Command.Previous Fiscal Month} and

(tonumber(Maximum ({vw_dim_Product.CA_MPN_JMelBoxesPerPallet}, {@upc}))) = 0 then

Anyone know why this isn't working and maybe how to get around this?

The report will also not export because it gets stuck on the page after page 16, and again opens up the Section expert for Group Footer 2 and highlights the {Month 1} like I said above.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I figured out why my report was not working. The report was getting hung up on a "Null" value and the null value was around page 8 of the report.

To take care of that problem I created the following formula.

IF ISNULL({vw_dim_Product.CA_MPN_JMelBoxesPerPallet})

THEN 0

ELSE ToNumber({vw_dim_Product.CA_MPN_JMelBoxesPerPallet})

This converts the null value into a 0. Then I was able to connect this newly created formula with the one I was using in my Group Footer 2, and the report works great now!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe that if this formula is used in the record selection formula it is backwards.

{@Month 1} > .99 else if //Yes, this is backwards but you have to do it this way because Crystal suppresses the opposite of what you want.

{@Month 1} < .99

If used in the record selection it should be:

{@Month 1} < 1 else if //Yes, this is backwards but you have to do it this way because Crystal suppresses the opposite of what you want.

{@Month 1} > .99

Former Member
0 Kudos

The following formula is in the Section Expert of Group Footer#2 and not the main record selection formula for the whole report. I didn't word that very good in my original post.

{@Month 1} < .99

I plugged this formula into the main record selection and it came back with an error saying. "Formula cannot be used because it needs to be evaluated later"

This issue has just started today and I haven't had a problem like this before with this report. I wonder if it has to do with the Summaries in the {@Month 1} formula.

So I guess the question now is, why does Crystal not like my {@Month 1} formula that is connected to the Section Expert of Group Footer #2?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may have to calculate your month1 formula in a main report and pass it through as a subreport link to a subreport in order to make this work.

If the formula is referencing summary values (those of course are calculated after the selection formulas) it would make sense to gather the value then pass it through to a subreport that sees that value initially.

Hope this makes sense.