Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

I have 100 users to whom a role R1 is assigned to them. By default the validity date on user master record for this role is the date when it was assigned to 12/31/9999.

e.g. Role valid from date is 01/01/2006 and valid-to date is 12/31/9999.

Again on 01/01/2007 the same role is assigned to these 100 users where valid from date is 01/01/2007 and valid to is 12/31/9999.

User: test01

Role Name Valid From Valid to

R1 01/01/2006 12/31/9999

R1 01/01/2007 12/31/9999

Is it possible to delete role where valid from date is 01/01/2006 and keep the role where valid from date is 01/01/2007.

Can we do it in mass.

Please let me know, if its possible and how?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create an ECATT using SU10 to select a single user, remove the role (using it's validity dates) and then loop to the next user.

This way you can remove the specific role as you enter the validity dates too

It is an easy way to remove selected roles from a user.

0 Kudos

>

> Create an ECATT using SU10 to select a single user, remove the role (using it's validity dates) and then loop to the next user.

>

> This way you can remove the specific role as you enter the validity dates too

>

> It is an easy way to remove selected roles from a user.

I think Alex meant "create an ecatt or using SU10". I agree with Alex, SU10 will do the trick.

Alex, your post are only 16, what happened?

0 Kudos

> Alex, your post are only 16, what happened?

Someone stole his hubcaps...

0 Kudos

That's not all they have stolen by the look of it.

An old profile mixup I think, oh well, will fix it tomorrow.

Back onto topic, what I meant was that by using ecatt to automate SU10, it's really easy to remove roles if you have their validity date.

SU10 offers some easy wins when it comes to automation, one of them being that you can specify a role + it's validity date and remove that one from the user. Perfect when there are lots of different duplicates as it will just loop through the users & roles you have in your input file and pull those out.

Of course if you have the same role + validity date assigned to lots of users then SU10 on it's own will do nicely.....

Cheers

Alex (with his proper profile!)