Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of Methods and Program Exits Tab

former_member185879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Can anyone tell me what is the use of Methods Tab and Program Exits Tab in Workflow?

One More Requirement:

Can i execute two RFC's in a Activity? i.e., once it enters into a task it will execute one RFC at the same time when it leaves the task it should execute another RFC?

Can i help me out to solve the problem? or any inputs to solve this?

Thanks in Advance

Regards

SM Nizamudeen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. The methods tab basically is used to execute some Synchronous methods(without user intervention) before and/or after witem execution. For example, if you want a user decision step to Approve an Invoice, then you can put the FIPP.DISPLAY method in Methods Before witem execution. Then when the user gets user decision witem in his inbox and DblClicks on that witem, before the Options of Approve/Reject are offered, this DISPLAY method is executed, showing the invoice, and then the decision choices are displayed.

Similarly, after some witem action, if you want in the background or so, execute a method, like updating some tables etc., then you can do that in Methods AFTER witem Execution.

For more info, refer to the following link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/a6/9bacb45f2c11d194a40000e82dec10/frameset.htm

2. Regarding executing 2 RFc's, i don't think it matters how many FM's you execute within a TAsk's Method. You can use 2 RFC's one after the other, to my knowledge.

Hope this helps

venu

Edited by: Venugopal Jogi on Sep 18, 2008 12:07 PM

FOr Programming exits also, see the below help link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/1a/6b023c3f6aaf08e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

former_member185879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please give me some step by step example link to perform an sample workflow.

I'm going to use these tabs for the first time.

Thanks

Regards

SM Nizamudeen

former_member185879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

What is FIPP? what is the type of my container element? what is the business object i have to use?

what i did was. i created one WF with only one step(decision) in that decision step i am trying to do what you said. but i had the above questions?

Please clarify these questions?

Thanks

Regards

SM Nizamudeen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

FIPP is the business object that you are supposed to use and as far as I know one of the event in the same BO should be the triggering event for the worflow that you have used to create the workitem.

Hope this is clear.

Regards,

Sam

Answers (0)