cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

Just to be sure - would there be any potential problems in using a 7.0 SLD for slave and a lower version SLD for master (6.4)

thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can i know the reason why you want to use lower versio split!

There can be a master SLD, with multiple slave SLD's and you can configure Data Supplier Bridge to update the changes in one SLD to another.

This will allow for failover pouints as well, as if one SLD goes down you have another SLD coming into the picture as the failover point.

Edited by: Krish on Sep 18, 2008 4:17 PM

shoeb_ali3
0 Kudos

Hi krish

Can you just describe the Master slave SLD and how to buil that in detail for me..

Thanks in advance

Shoeb

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sugata_bagchi2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

In SAP, SLD is based on CIM (Common Information Model) and the version of the CIM should be uptodate as per the SAP recomendation. Now, if you use two different version of SLD as Master and Slave you will get problems while imporing or exporing the TS and BS informations form one SLD to another. You will also face problems incase of failover points.

Thanks

Sugata B Majumder

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error message we got wasn't very obvious, but later after comparing the versions, we figured it out that the issue was related to difference in CIM Model version.

This is error message:

CIM_ERR_FAILED: Instance must not define additional properties.

We had one SLD server running CIM version as 1.4.29 and the other one was running on CIM version 1.5.32.

Regards,

Sumant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are planning to export/import data between these 2 SLD's, you will run into problems.

I just ran into this last week while transfering BS and TS data from an SLD with a higer version into an SLD with lower version.

And also, my understanding is SAP stricktly (kind of) recommends to keep the SLD versions upto date.

Hope this helps,

Sumant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes - we will be transferring object between the two SLD's!

What kind of problems should we expect?

It is between our hosting company (who runs 7.0) and our own company who runs SLD 6.4

Thanks!