Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

how to set the search scope of standard KM search iview dynamically.

Hi all

In our application a list of folder names are passed from webdynpro abap application. We need to receive the folder names and set it to the search scope of standard KM search iview. I need to confine the search scope of KM search iview to the list of folders passed.

How can set the search scope of a standard search iview to the list of folders recieved dynamically. Is there any thing i can do with configuration or i need to go for custom devolopment.

Even if i have to go to custom devolopment, I need the functionality of standard serach iview with a provision to set the search scope dynamically. we thought of using absolute navigation to pass the folder names from webdynpro application to KM search iview.

Could you please advice me in this regard and give me some code samples (If custom devolopment is must) if possible.

Thanks,

karthik.

Former Member
replied

Karthik,

In WDP 4 Java, u create an [IFRAME|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/15/c07941601b1d09e10000000a155106/frameset.htm] . In the url input, give the string that i have mentioned.

It will show up the search results in the search results layout.

U need to have ur root folder indexed anyway.

Regards

BP

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question