cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to set the search scope of standard KM search iview dynamically.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

In our application a list of folder names are passed from webdynpro abap application. We need to receive the folder names and set it to the search scope of standard KM search iview. I need to confine the search scope of KM search iview to the list of folders passed.

How can set the search scope of a standard search iview to the list of folders recieved dynamically. Is there any thing i can do with configuration or i need to go for custom devolopment.

Even if i have to go to custom devolopment, I need the functionality of standard serach iview with a provision to set the search scope dynamically. we thought of using absolute navigation to pass the folder names from webdynpro application to KM search iview.

Could you please advice me in this regard and give me some code samples (If custom devolopment is must) if possible.

Thanks,

karthik.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bobu,

Thanks for your reply. I think this could be done from webdynpro abap perspective.Could you please advice if there is any work around from webdynpro java perspective to get this done.

Thanks,

Karthik.

former_member188556
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Karthik,

In WDP 4 Java, u create an [IFRAME|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/15/c07941601b1d09e10000000a155106/frameset.htm] . In the url input, give the string that i have mentioned.

It will show up the search results in the search results layout.

U need to have ur root folder indexed anyway.

Regards

BP

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bobu,

Thanks for the reply. Could you please let me know where i can get the information on parameters.

When i click on the "show options" button in the search screen, To select some standard properties to search on, It is giving me the error "No search folder has been specified". It seems the the folders that are passed is not retained. If i don't click on the "show options" button, I am able to do search.

Even i have tried by disbling the search scope through search optionset also.

Is there any work around for this.

Thanks,

Karthik.

former_member188556
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pls start a new thread with ur complete specifications.

Sure we can have solutions

[Help Link|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0747ac2-ffd9-2910-de9a-8a3dc44da8b4]

Regards

BP

Edited by: Bobu George Putheeckal on Sep 24, 2008 9:31 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bobu,

Can i pass the SearchOptionSet parameter in the url so that i can format the search screen. I have tried like below.

&SearchOptionsSet=abc

But it seems it is not working. Could you please let me know what are all the parameters that i can pass in the url when the search iview is considered. If possible could you please send a document containing the parameters information and their format.

Thanks,

Karthik.

former_member188556
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik

SelectedSearchIndices=*****
SearchPluginName=*****(Search Options)
SearchCompsName=*****(Search Component)

Regards

BP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bobu,

Can i pass some group of folders also using this technique. Because i need to have search on lots of folders received from the webdynpro ababp application. If possible could you please provide me sample url.

Thanks,

Karthik.

former_member188556
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

U just need to specify the folders in a comma separated way.

That will serve the puropse

https://portal/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prteventname/HtmlbEvent/prtroot/pcd!3aportal_content!
2fevery_user!2fgeneral!2feu_role!2fcom.sap.km.home_ws!2fcom.sap.km.hidden!
2fcom.sap.km.urlaccess!2fcom.sap.km.basicsearch?
SearchType=ctrlpers&SelectedSearchIn=FROM_HERE&SelectedSearchFolder=/documents/Public%
20Documents,/documents/Folder_B&QueryString=functional%20areas

U can also specify a layout also to show the results by adding

&rndLayoutSet=layoutname

Regards

BP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks alot Bobu.

Thanks,

Karthik.

former_member188556
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

u can use URL based search techniques.

in the url u can pass the Folder where u want to search.

&SelectedSearchIn=FROM_HERE&SelectedSearchFolder=/documents/Public%20Documents/

This is a part of that URL. U can programatically

construct the URL and have the search

this is a url which u can start building upon

https://portal/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prteventname/HtmlbEvent/prtroot/pcd!3aportal_content!
2fevery_user!2fgeneral!2feu_role!2fcom.sap.km.home_ws!2fcom.sap.km.hidden!
2fcom.sap.km.urlaccess!2fcom.sap.km.basicsearch?
SearchType=ctrlpers&SelectedSearchIn=FROM_HERE&SelectedSearchFolder=/documents/Public%
20Documents&QueryString=functional%20areas

u need to use the iframe component for displaying the url.

Regards

BP