cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table CompatibilityMode

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to improve table performance in a DC project, but cannot see the new "compatibilityMode" property for the tables. It does not show up in the properties editor. I am using SP15, and the "compatibilityMode" property shows up in my test applications (Web Dynpro Projects, not DCs).

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hallo,

the new 'compatibilityMode'-property is definitely a feature in NW04 SP13 and not only in NW04s. Your problem is based on the fact, that an early version of the Net Weaver Developer Studio (NW04 SP 13) does not use the newest plugin version of the dictionary simple types (Web Dynpro UI element enumeration types). Consequently you cannot declare all bindings and definitions which are based on the 'TableCompatibiltyMode' simple type.

Two solutions exist for solving your problem (ínstall SP14 or implement a dynamic solution) - I described them within this forum thread:

Regards, Bertram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all...

I was able to solve the problem by setting the compatibility mode property dynamically. I can't see the new property in the designer, but I can access everything just fine through the IWDTable interface.

This is just too nice of an enhancement (performance) to wait for an SP upgrade... My check box cell editors thank you.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Check this /people/bertram.ganz/blog/2005/09/13/new-web-dynpro-sample-available--enhancing-table-performance

best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The statement should be "read comments on blog /people/bertram.ganz/blog/2005/09/13/new-web-dynpro-sample-available--enhancing-table-performance

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

I'm probably wrong, but if you take a look at this page https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/javadocs it seems that NW04s and NW04 SP15 are different things. "compatabilityMode" is feature of WD NW04s, AFAIK.

Otherwise, there is a problem with IDE metadata plugins. To verify this, try to type in code (any Java class within WebDynpro project):

import com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.uielib.standard.api.WDTableCompatibilityMode;

Can you see this class?

Valery Silaev

EPAM Systems

http://www.NetWeaverTeam.com