cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

document text search in cv04n

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

My client is looking for searching inside word documents which is checked in , in document master record.

I can search documents through all related fields from cv04n, however they need seacrjing inside of the word document.

in cv04n, in the last tab, i have discovered text search, however i was not able to work it like ms windows does.

any idea?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI experts,

I want to do searches inside the attachment files from the documents that I got in DMS (TX. CV04N), but I don´t know how do that. I have already installed TREX in another server and I have made all the post installation activities. Can you help me? I have already been in TX. SES_ADMIN and I made an index for Business Object DRAW (Documents).

I have already seen transaction SKPR07 but I donu2019t know the relation that it has with this situation. Can you give me some tips or steps that I need to make this work?

Note: at this moment I can make free searches in document fields on transaction CV04N using F4 Help,

Thank You

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

The last TEXT tab in CV04N is for logical search inside the description not for any document.

To search inside the word document you require TREX search engine.

Please see the below link to get more detail on TREX server.

[http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/31/eb0641f753f523e10000000a155106/frameset.htm]

Regards,

Sunny

Pls award if useful.