Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link loading in content area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Portal Experts,

I have again a question for you!

I have made a simpel par file in NWDS that will be in the detailed navigation, the par file only have some links in it. I made some test links, e.g. google.com and sdn.com. I just used the simple

<a></a>

anchor in NWDS. When I click on one of those links, it will load in the content area but, it will 'remove' my detail navigation and load in the entire width of the content area!! How to remain the detailed navigation, when i click on the link?

<a href="http://google.com">Google</a>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi J.,

Set the isolation method of the page (or of the iView, if it is not set into a page) to URL isolated.

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Almost, but now it loads in the my test iview (in the detailed navigation) instead of the content area

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi J.,

Ah, I see: Am I right if your original description meant that your iView is placed in the navigation area?! And you want to click on a link and that should appear in the content area?

Than of course you have to do something completely different: A hack would be to determine the page-window in the content area (it must be URL isolated of course) and to replace the page window URL by the new one (but that sounds really dirty).

A better thing would be to have a hidden redirector iView in the navigation (hidden!), but each link does navigate to this iView, passing the URL of the target (www.google.com) to the iView, and the iView then redirects.

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tnx Detlev!

The last one sounds interesting, but how do i accomplish that?

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi J.,

It's more or less completely described Within the folder / workset which is open when you have your iView publishes in the navigation area, place another iView (the redirector iView) and set it to "hidden in navigation". Then the link in your original iView is not a simple anchor but calls a JS fragment with EPCM.doNavigate(...) (maybe even relative), with the redirector iView as the target, passing a parameter (like "targeturl=www.google.de"). The redirector iView is a small own developed component which just takes the parameter and redirects to this target. And that's all.

Hope it helps

Detlev

Answers (0)