cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Multiple records in oracle DB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear frndz,

I had a doubt for which i can't get the correct answer from the sdn....

I am receiving data(Internal table) from the SAP system using the outbound Proxy. And Passing it to Oracle system using the inbound JDBC. I want to know can i update the oracle table, passing the data in 1 to unbounded or i should loop through the internal table in sap and then pass one by one to the inbound JDBC. Please clarify. If u not get my query plz revert back.

thanks in advance

Karthikeyan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can update multiple records in DB .

former_member183906
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi !!

You can update mutiple records in one statement just make the occurance to unbounded in your data type declartion for JDBC reciver .

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If Your Structure looks like this means

Header-----

ID

Details

rec1

rec2

rec3

You can make the Details as Unbounded and hold the Multiple Records from SAP via Proxy.

In the receiver side also make the Structure as Unbounded to hold the Multiple Records

Thats it

Regards

Seshagiri

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1..unbound approach is the best one. On the Oracle side, you might have to take care of rolling back if one record fails (XI does not do this). Use SP on Oracle side.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya shankar,

Could u explain little detail on ur answer, regarding the roll back and using the SP. I am new to this concept..

Thanks in advance

Karthikeyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

An Oracle stored procedure is a program stored in an Oracle database.

You can refer this link which helps you on how to create stored procedures in oracle:

http://www.devshed.com/c/a/Oracle/Oracle-Stored-Procedures/

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is handled impliclty by the JDBC adapter depending on the transaction setting. Every Statement is executed as All Or None.

So if the Statement has multiple Access tags, then it is again All of the Access ( Rows in SQL terminoligies ) getting executed or none of them.

Check online help.sap, for "Document Formats of JDBC adapter"

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally for any JDBC scenario, the records must be passed in a single shot. If one of them fails, all record would be rollbacked.

If you pass record by record, the performance would be drastic as each time it will open a LUW and hit the database.

It is better to pass all records in single shot.

It is better to put 1.unbounded else if u loop the internal table the execution time from proxy to XI will be happening record by record which is not advisable

Regards,

Krish

Edited by: Krish on Sep 18, 2008 7:12 PM